View Single Post
Old Fri May 31, 2002, 07:15am
Official Forum Member

I was lucky, my HS offered bball and vball officiating for jr.'s and sr's. We could not get our card until after graduation, but we could work MS ball. So while all my friends were flipping burgers or pimping jeans, I was reffing MS games in our conference.

One of the MS AD's talked me into gettign my Track cert so I could work his meets. I had no clue about the rules of track, but now I would have to say Track is my favorite (favourite, for our metric friends) sport of the 4 I work.

I still do it because it is fun, and I can stay in shape. When it is cold and frosty outside why run on a treadmill like a gerbil when you can run up and down the hard wood. When I started basketball was all I wanted to work, it was my #1. But, basketball has dropped way down my list, because it is getting harder and harder to have fun. I try not to take many MS games anymore, not because of the level of play, but the coaches and parents do not make it fun. The second it stops being fun, or when I can get down the floor, is when I will shred all my contracts.