View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Inbound After Made Basket - Feet Over Line

Hey Guys,

Related to this thread, I play in a league that uses modified NCAA rules.

Tonight a ref called a violation on me while I was inbounding after a made basket because I did not have BOTH feet ofer the endline, one of my feet was lifted and in the air, and over the endline.

I have read the rules, and nearly exploded, positive that I was right. I have read the rulebook cover to cover and pay attention to officiating in all games that I watch on TV. I actually reffed a bit in college for an intramural league.

The ref told me that I better just follow his rule the rest of the game because he was going to call it the same way from that point on. I told him ok.

After the game I went over and told him that I disagreed with his ruling and asked if he would double check his position in the rule book before the games next week - he responded by giving me advice on my game. That really made me mad. Shouldn't he say that he would at least look into it?

I know a players position on the court is determined by the last place where they touched, and this is what I am basing my ruling on. Could you please point out what sections of the rule book I can print out to make my case the strongest?

Thanks,
Todd Lynch