View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 02, 2008, 06:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Yeah, and the timer is supposed to react to the official action's and stop the clock. There is no other reasonable way to do it without the PTI.
Yup. And your point is?

We're talking about a specific situation; a situation where the clock may have not been stopped properly. To wit, we're discussing the application of rule 5-10. In the case being discussed, if the decision by the calling official is that the timer actually did stop the clock correctly in the granting of the TO request, then no adjustment can be made. The quarter is over. However, if the decision is made that the timer did not stop the clock correctly, then we have to determine IF we can put time back on the clock using definite knowledge. If so, what is then in dispute is when we apply that definite knowledge. I'm saying that you apply it when you grant the TO, as per the rule that I cited. You're saying that you can't apply the definite knowledge until after the stop-clock mechanic is completely over. Obviously, I disagree because I'm going by the strict language of rule 5-8-3.

See where I'm coming from now? I didn't expect TD21 to understand all that. Even though he dwells in the mythical and magical Land of College and Above, it's still simply beyond his capabilities. I sureasheck expected that you would though.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Jan 02, 2008 at 07:52am.