View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2007, 11:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph
But if other refs don;t have this problem with them then I would look in the mirror.
Who the hell are you to tell me to "look in the mirror"? I've worked more kid's rec games than probably anyone else on this forum. I've served on the Board of this league for almost 15 years. Do you think I would call "petty" violations?

I look in the mirror every day. What I see is a guy who pulled this organization out of the red during my first year as Board president and who got his local newspaper to appeal to the community to get more volunteers when we didn't have enough to continue. I have never been anything but helpful and instructive to these kids. My philosophy in a league like this is to make the call, tell the kid what he/she did wrong, and keep calling it until they correct their wrong behavior. That's how they learn and that position is an official Board policy.

Gee - I guess you can sum it up by saying I truly believe in teaching kids to be responsible for the consequences of their own actions and not blame others. What a concept.