View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2007, 10:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar
Anyone watching?

69-67, ~ 5 minutes to play. Bruce Pearl, Coach, Tenn, steps out of the coaches box (after being warned earlier in the game) in the heat of the moment by a foot or so, exerting his team to play good D. Whack! Ref 'T's him. Announcer said, "that's an embarrassment to college basketball." Announcers said, ref should understand "the intent of the rule."

Pearl of course becomes unglued, comes on the court, uses several explitives, and of course - no T here.

Overall, good game!
I did not see the game. Based on what you just described, the Hank Nichols said this is how he wanted it called. If he had been warned and then violated the rule that is how they wanted it called. And Jim Boehiem of Syracuse who is the chairperson (or President) of the National Association of College Coaches claimed that is how they wanted this called without consideration to the game or the time of the game. If coaches do not like the way it is called, change the philosophy. The officials are being asked to call it this way and apparently the official did just what he was told. Do I agree with that philosophy? Of course I do not, but that is how they want it called and if you want to continue to work games, you do what you are told.

Peace