View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2007, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgncjn
Boys Varsity - Two 5-0 teams who are expected to finish 1st and 2nd in the league. Team A (Home) makes a three-point shot with 6 seconds remaining to send the game into overtime at 62-62.

In overtime, Team A is fouled and will attempt two free throws. Team A is down by 2, 67-64, with 3.4 seconds remaining.

The first attempt is good, 67-65. The second shot is what made things interesting. The shooter, who we will call A1, throws the ball off the backboard and our C (I am lead) immediately whistles the violation. HOWEVER, after the ball hit the backboard, it then bounced off the rim and directly to A3 who made a layup.

All three of us saw the ball hit the backboard, and the C was upset that he made the "anticipation call" before the entire play ended. Here is what we came up with... AP Arrow for the resumption of play, which favored Team A. Team A missed the last shot and lost the game, 67-65.

I was personally disappointed that the game ended the way it did. Who knows if Team A would have actually secured the rebound after the second shot. We'll be ready to go tomorrow.

Was the AP Arrow, in fact, the correct procedure to resume play?

Edit: to correct scoring information
I think they should put this under 9-1-3b, "faking" a free throw. When you intentional throw the ball off the backboard while lined up for a free throw, it should be considered faking. Just MHO.....