View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2007, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Our local kids rec league used to have this same rule for 3rd and 4th grade. A few years ago, we changed it, because we thought it was important for the kids to learn proper technique. Now, we put a piece of masking tape on the floor in the key 4 feet shorter than normal for these grades but require them to stay behind the line when shooting. It's works out much better and they're learning the correct way to shoot. They also shoot at 9 foot hoops in these grades.

You might suggest this to that league. Oh yeah, using masking tape makes it easy to pull up after their games and doesn't leave any marks on the floor - unless you count the times I just collapse there after a 6 game shift.

Hey - it's a pun.
Splute...kbilla is dead on....The ball don't lie! :-)

I carry masking tape in my bag just in case I need to make one of my rec/travel kids a different number...if they have two 8s on the team...I'll make one 18 (save me the Ts for illegal jerserys! ) I tried to tape down the FT line as you stated and the facility frowned on it cause it takes up the polish off the floor? I'm thinking you have a hospital that sponsors one of the floors and you have their logo down there, you could plop a 10" x 2" piece of vinyl on the floor for these shorter FT lines?