View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 20, 2007, 06:11am
Official Forum Member

QUOTE=JRutledge]He is probably giving her a minute to recover. Meaning that he is looking at her and it is obvious that she is probably hurting. Without a closer view of the official's face, I have to think that is the reason he is holding things up. And there also could be another issue that he is waiting to be completed.

Peace[/QUOTE]

JRut...don't get me wrong. I'm not sitting up in the stands criticizing officials to fans, and I'm not on a fan blog to critique these officials. BUT, I am on an official forum where we discuss plays, rules, mechanics, etc. to help fellow officials. While this forum is open to the public i.e. fans...I believe the purpose of this site is to educate officials using tools such as constructive criticism. If some of this criticism is seen by the "public"...well, I hope that they realize that we are a fraternity trying to get better...not here to unjustly embarrass anybody. (At least most of the time)

Having said that...how many times have you strolled from the top of the key, right through all the players and down the middle of the FT lane to administer a FT? (Such as the official you are suggesting is sharp enough to give the girl a chance to clear her head) BTW...the girl jumped right up and walked, without a limp, to the line. (You and I would probably be down for a week)

How many times have you called a foul, such as the one shown in the video, and not closed down on the hard foul...to make sure there is no extracurricular activity...and to maybe have a word with the player who committed the hard foul?

My point is...there are lessons to be learned here...maybe it is just in your nature to put the lawyer hat on and defend the poor guys for their actions.
Richland, WA