View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 18, 2007, 02:56pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Sounds to me like that was made clear on the court and rehashing it postgame would only have led to worse things.
It wasn't made clear, or clear enough, if the call stayed the way it was. Rocky says some good stuff in a post above; protect the game. The wrong call was made by the wrong person because the calling official had no business calling it anyway. This wasn't a game saving play, a play that was obviously missed or a non-basketball play. Using verbage like that and getting an official to understand it keeps these situations from becoming a common occurance.
Sure, just leaving the gym will keep you out of harm's way, maybe only temporarily, but what about the game? I may be describing it in a more harsh way than it would actually be. I don't see nothing wrong with solving a rule dispute at the appropriate time. Blowing rules is how many of us have learned (the hard way).