View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 18, 2007, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
You dropped it and now he could do the same things: blow a rule and continue to call all over the court. How will that help the game?
It is probably just me, but doing what is right is not always easy. He needs to know he screwed up so he doesn't continue to screw up games. Your association's reputation is at stake, the integrity of the game is at stake and the integrity of every crew he is a part of is at stake. Who said part of being a good partner is only telling officials what they want to hear?

You could have least said, "You're not getting any of my check so you might as well let me call in my area and earn it."
Tom,
I happen to personally agree with you, but have also found that most HS officials don't want to hear it and that most HS associations frown upon their officials criticizing each other in that manner. If the association has an evaluator or commissioner, it is his job to handle the instruction and compliance. The assignor has the power to take away games or to adjust the level of the games for this kind of behavior both for the official who is screwing up the game and the official who berates his partner.

It would be better if it worked the way that you say, but I've learned otherwise and sadly believe that most HS officials aren't held to that standard.