View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

AT&T to the rescue!!!

Just a little vent...

BV game, I'm trail, opposite table. Home A1 dribbles into a trap just over the division line about 10 off the sideline. Visiting B1 and B2 doing a great job with the trap when B1 swats at the ball AND gets the ball knocking it out of A1's hands. A1, having quick hands recovers the ball very quickly....just inches out of his hands.....never hitting the floor. A1, presumably being an intelligent player, knows he can now dribble again and does so to escape the trap. He splits the defenders and about 2-3 steps later with B's fans screaming, there is a whistle from the baseline.....illegal dribble.

I look up in shock at my partner...wondering what he was thinking. He had both B1 and B2 blocking his view of the interior of the trap and couldn't possibly have seen the play. We come together to talk about it and I inform him that the defender knocked the ball out of A1's hands and that A1 got a new dribble as a result. He says that "since the ball didn't hit the floor, A1 can't dribble again". I informed him that there is no such requirement but he insists on sticking with his call...making me look like an idiot (for missing a double dribble right in front of me) and he gets the rule wrong at the same time!!! Even if I HAD missed an illegal dribble in that situation, there is no way he should have come in with that call.

This really ticked me off since he made the call from ~50ft away AND didn't know the rule either.