View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 05:04pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells

Varsity boys game. Visiting assistant is chirping, not constantly, but periodically when he doesn't like the call. Standard stuff, nothing major, but something I should have addressed by about the end of the first quarter or early second quarter. Before I knew it, it was the 4th quarter and I made the decision that since I'd let it go for so long, I may as well let it go now and ignore it unless it gets worse.

Then, in the 4th quarter, visiting A1 has a breakaway layup and B1 attempts to block it, striking the backboard. Legitimate block attempt, so there was no call to make.

Next thing I know (I'm now C heading back the other way), I look up and see most of the visiting bench up signaling for timeout. I call TO, and coach tells me he didn't ask for a TO, he was telling us we missed a technical foul. After a brief disagreement on the rule, he decided to take his TO after all.

I should have T'd his assistant up for being off the bench. I should have.
So you're saying that "most of the bench" was up making a T signal, which the coach told you was not a time out signal?

Sounds like a definitive example of "attempting to influence an official's decision," not to mention the fact that they were standing for an inappropriate reason.

10-4

Lonesome Dove