View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEngmann
The one thing that we definitely do need to consider are the causes of coaches popping off, because there's always a reason. Is it because of my judgment? Is it because of the time and score of the game, and it's an emotional reaction?
In my brief career it seems that a coach is more likely to get on me when he's frustrated over the way his team is playing, or frustrated because his team just doesn't have the talent to compete with their opponent. So instead of admitting as much he begins to vent at the ref and place blame elsewhere.

I guess what I get kind of tired of are the coaches who make verbal comments about every call or non-call during the game when things aren't going their way. I heard a few last night in my JV game: "man it's barn ball out there," "no foul?" "over the back!," and then when her (inept) team finally drew an interior foul she calls out "thank you!" as if the game were lopsided because of how we were calling it instead of because her team was slower and less athletic than the other team. How far do you let that constant chirping go?