View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiref8
Situation: Offensive player has ball, dribbling or not, defender guarding player continues yelling "ball, ball, ball, ball . . . . . ." or "Da, da, da . . . ."

I stop play, and explain to both coaches that I view that type of behavior as un-sportsman like and doesn’t lend itself for the good of the game. I compared it to behavior that is allowed during free throw attempts. Communication, like " Ball" or "Switch" or "Pick" will be tolerated. Give both teams warning, next occurrence will result in Technical. One coach got very hot that he had not heard of this before. I told coach that he has the option of complying and has been warned without penalty.

I cannot find anything specific, and classify this under: 2005-2006 Rule Book Rule 10, Sec 3, Art 7 for Unsporting foul. Including but the limited to . . . . . .

I would like some guidance on this please.

I think your da, da, da is actually dead, dead, dead (unless your doing a two year old travel team) meaning a dead ball for dribbler. This alerts the defense to tighten up and put pressure on passing lanes and in some instances coach will yell dead to ensure defender is on ball looking for a five count.

Pretty routine basic stuff in my area.