Thread: Two Questions
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1224hoops
First, I'm a coach. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the rules. I coach V-girls. Two situations occurred in our last game, neither I'm sure about. Using NFHS rules (VHSL) are these correct???

#1...Team A has possession of the basketball. The coach from Team A receives a "T." The two free throws are administered and possession is given to team B. Is this correct or is it suppose to return to the Point of Interruption???

#2...Team A steps in front of a pass and has a break away layup. Team B fouls hard from behind. Team A's player is down and coach is beakoned onto floor. Before team A's coach can get to the player, she hops up and get to free throw line. One official says that she can stay in the game and shoot. Another says she can't, must be replaced. Team A's coach replaces the injured player and immediately sends the injured (not really) player back to scorers table to check in. Second FT is made, horn sounds, one official beakons player in, another says no....he says time must run off clock before re-entering. Team A calls time-out. They still can't agree. Even after time-out player isn't permitted to enter. Is this correct?
1. Yes. POI on single techs is only for NCAA games.

2. The official who made the player sub out, and then remain out BOTH times is correct. (3-3-5, 3-3-4)