View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 09:00pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Well, I finished my five games in a row shift on Saturday and followed it up with two games early Sunday morning and I'm still able to use both knees. There were a lot of memorable moments, but this one stood out.

During an 8th grade boys game, one of the coaches yelled not once, not twice, but at least five times, "That's a reach over the back". I choose not to say anything since it was so funny and after that many games, I really appreciated the good laugh.

Oh yeah - one coach twice yelled, "That's a...a...a...whatchamacallit!" I told him I didn't know the signal for that.

Another coach requested and was granted four of his timeouts in the first half. When he used up his fifth early in Q3 and I informed him that was his last one, he was shocked. He said he thought he got five per half. Yeah - that works.

Finally, one coach would not believe my partner and me that you didn't shoot offensive fouls any more. The other team was called for illegal screens a few times late in the game when both teams were in the bonus. This coach told my partner that was a "bogus rule". I told the coach that I had a rulebook in my bag and we could look it up. I said I would bet him that we were right, but if we weren't, I'd give him $100. However, if we were, he'd have to wash my car. He didn't take me up on the bet, darn it. My car could have used it.
He must have envisioned when this guy washed the car.