Thread: Playoffs
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan
This photo was in the local newpaper. The photographer could have taken pic's like this all night. On an earlier thread I talked about PA having no evaluation systems in place. This is an example. The coach in the picture belongs to a team that has influence with officials assignments. If the official gives the warning, and later flags the infraction, his chance of working diminishes. If we had meaningful evaluations, it would give officials some incentive to make these calls. The official in the pic probably would act accordingly in most of his games. Ignoring stuff like this in order to get assingments can only lead to poor officiating.
Our coaches are even worse although they are getting better. They usually aren't on the field like this when the wing official is near the coach's box. It's usually a coach who is 20 yards downfield from the LOS. At least this coach has one foot in the coach's box. I still have coaches who step out 3-4 yards to make their play and don't get back all the way.

We also have coaches exclusively doing our evaluations so this kind of thing happens. The coaches have gotten better the past couple years so there's hope yet.

I would be tempted to call this pass incomplete and then tell the coach I couldn't see becuase he was in the way. Maybe then he would get it.