View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to refman1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor
I worked my first 2-person in a while and was told there was a mechanics change last year. Now, I'm the new guy in town and don't know if they are just screwing with the new guy. Situation was he was T table side and had a violation where ball would be taken out on his sideline table-side. I came over from my position as lead opposit to inbound (bump and run). He told me there was a mechanic change that the association/assignors were emphasizing that says when it is his line, his call, going the other way, they stay and make the switch. It makes no sense that I can see and I told him so and he was adamant about the change, even after the game. We had another situation later in the second half where there was a b/c violation and I bumped him again and he reitterrated his objection to my bump. I either fell for the new guy trick or I fail to see the logic behind this. Anyone?

Mregor
I work as much 2-man as I do 3-man and we bump and run all the time around here. I'd have to get out my 06-07 books to be sure but I don't believe there was a change in that mechanic then and I'm sure that is not a change for 07-08. I'd say you were being messed with.