View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
GJV tourney. I get there to watch the game before mine. There are shot clock horn issues occurring from time to time. The horn would just go off by itself. So before my games we tell coaches to have the kids play to the whistle. everybody nods their heads and away we go. We explain it to everybody and did everything except put an ad on Craigslist.

Horn goes off. All the players standing around. Offensive team holding the ball just outside the key down low. Partner and I just stand there . Finally coach yells "shoot". She does , scores,and we move on, except the other coach is now a good 10 feet on the court screaming, some coach jibberish. So we stop ,shoot the 2 FT for the T. Ball at division line.

The coach believed we should have done something-she wasn't sure what but something.

I think we handled the horn issue as right as could be but i am open to other suggestions.
My 2 cents is since every one was stopped by the horn anyway re-explain the issue as some probably didn't understand it in the first place give the ball OOB nearest the spot to offense and play on.