View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 07, 2007, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I would not have whacked the girl for the acrobatics.
You're joking, right?

I do think the original thought of a "travesty" isn't a bad one, and if you want to end the game right then and there -- no forfeit, no suspension, just game over, especially given what the coach had said -- that would be fine. So if you want to avoid the T and end the game, that's fine. Otherwise, you don't have a choice here. You WILL lose control if you don't.

I've said it before on here and it may have been misunderstood: if there is ANY justification for a T, you can always support that call and you should likely err, especially in a blowout game, on the side of the T. In other words, you err on the side of giving one rather than not giving one. I know a lot of successful officials who have been or still are "red-***" officials. They'll serve up a T for someone looking at them wrong. Other than maybe a few road bumps here and there, this attitude hasn't overly hurt their career. Whether you want to be a red-*** or not, a T in this situation can easily be supported later.

Unfortunately, I speak from bad experiences in this area. Trust me: give the T or end the game.