View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2007, 02:17am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UES
The Big Deal is that Scott was not IMMEDIATELY ejected from the game for what he did. Do you think picking up an officials flag and throwing it in the stands should NOT result in an ejection from the current game? Come on Rut
OK. The NFL is different than other levels I work. When I work the NFL I will worry about what should have been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UES
Ask Joey Crawford about that -
If you have not noticed, Joey Crawford was suspended last year from the NBA for being overly aggressive (right or wrong). And you do not see what goes on in the NBA apply to other levels. You do not see big time D1 Officials challenging players and coaches. They do not need to. And showing your a tough guy does not work very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UES
I think you bring up a good point here. Personally, I've always admired how basketball referees and football sideline officials seems so composed when players and coaches are screaming in the ear. Even when they throw a flag or give a T, they always seem to be under control.

I think MLB umpires are moving in that direction. Those days of the Earl Weaver/Billy Martin animated arguments are soon coming to in end because umpires are now just walking away. I think discussions on the baseball field will still get heated from time to time, but umpires will now do more things to difuse the situation rather than escalate the arguments.
That behavior is expected.

I would agree the pushing and shoving matches are not common. But you still see umpires willing to get in the face of the players when and ejection takes place. Why not just walk away and let the coach or player make a complete azz of themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UES
I'm not really concerned with all of the off the field troubles that athletes get into. However, I do feel it's a big deal when they go to the media and say that the Refs are purposely cheating and the NFL is "fixing" games. Considering the amount of money that is wagered on games and the whole Donahay betting scandal - the last thing football needs is players coming up conspiracy theories and telling evey media outlet how crooked the officials are. Just my opinion - I'll take a chill pill now
OK that is fine, but the NFL has and will punish players for that. Neither of us knows the penalties that are coming or not coming. And if you have not noticed, players in all sports come up with theories of conspiracies and think the officials are out to get them. All you have to do is get on a chat room to figure that out.

Peace