View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 06:59pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Jurassic Referee

From Nevadaref: "JR is certainly an old guy who sometimes gets cranky. He rants. He namecalls. He posts strange pictures. He is also one of the best sources of information and counsel on this board. His advice is right a very high percentage of the time. When I post something and he disagrees with it, I am compelled to pause and give it extra thought. His experience simply must be respected, and there is no other poster who makes me question my thoughts more than JR. I truly believe that I am a better official today because of him and the main reason for that is that he tells it like it is. He doesn't sugarcoat his opinions or reponses. He gets right to the point. I don't always like what he has to say, but I always read it and consider it. That includes when he calls me overofficious. No doubt that there are times when I have been and perhaps all of us are or have been at some point in our development. By his calling my attention to these instances, I hope to improve and become more balanced."

I agree 100%, however, in the four years that I've been visiting and posting on this Forum, I think that Jurassic Referee has mellowed a little, he has certainly decreased his namecalling, and he has saved his ranting for thjngs that really deserve ranting. Maybe it's because Old School has dissappeared.