View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I took a quick look at the PIAA website. It says that ejection reports have to be handed in for all regular season games, and anybody ejected- coach or player- has to sit out a minimum of one more game. Soooooo, the story said that it wasn't a league game, but was it considered a regular season game? Maybe somebody from Pa. can enlighten us. If so, the 5 players and the assistant coach should be getting a vacation.
To my knowledge, all HS in PIAA belong to some conference or league, based on the size and geographic location of the school. League play usually begins towards the end of December with teams playing each other twice. Prior to league play are games sometimes referred to as exhibition games. These games count as regular season games, but are not part of the league standings. There are some HS out there that are not part of the PIAA for some reason or another. Most are religious schools. I also seem to remember that some HS in Philly were not part of the PIAA in certain sports.

To answer the second question: Ejected players and coaches must sit out a game at the same level and the refs have to fill out paperwork with the PIAA asap.