View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 03:51pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo21
If I may, another situation in this game had to do with the timeline but not reversing a call.

A1 dribbles the ball up to midcourt and stops on the timeline with one foot straddling the line and one foot still in the backcourt. He PASSES to A2 whom I judged to receive the pass pretty much in the same position, foot on the timeline and one foot in backcourt. I realize if he had jumped from the frontcourt, received the pass then landed in that position it would have been over-and-back. However, in the situation described, I had no-call. The crowd of team B certainly had a call but I didn't. I believe (if my judgment was correct about the pass receiver) I had the right call. Any comments?

If I was correct, I also don't believe that the call changes if the position of the backcourt foot (for A1 or A2) was any different (backcourt or frontcourt). I'm open to correction though.
A pass from one player with one or both feet in backcourt to another player with one or both feet in backcourt. Seems like a pretty simple no-call to me.

Lonesome Dove