View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2007, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Understand sports movies use dramatic situations to make the story more interesting. There were many things in that game that were not quite accurate to help engulf the audience into the story. If I remember the movie correctly, they were not quite nose to nose. And if as an official they looked at each other, I do not think that would be an issue with me. Someone would have to do something or some contact would have to occur or words would have to be exchanged and that would be a little different. Even then, officiating is not about penalizing every time players interact negatively. Based on what I remember and the way you described the situation, Ts are for when things happen not for when players look at each other and make no contact. Intimidation is not illegal. If that was the case every time someone blocks a shot then we have to call an unsporting T.

Peace
Dude, I couldn't care less if this was an exaggerated scene or not! I'm asking if sometime it actually plays out like the coach was instructing, what would you do? Actually, in the movie it doesn't even show that scene, it goes from the Texas huddle straight to the throw in. Intimidation is not illegal...hmm... ok, so big post player takes out the little guard on a drive to the basket, takes him to the floor, then stands over him staring him down, no words, just stands over him staring him down, and you're gonna no call that part. Get ready to have fun, cuz it's only getting worse from there!