View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2007, 01:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Ref63
When you implied that I would make a decision regardless of rules support, was questioning my integrity as an official, in my opinion. Granted, I may have been overly sensitive, but integrity is a huge part of my profession.
Having rules support means a lot of things to me. It means do the rules explicitly say this is illegal? Is there an official interpretation that supports this specific situation (Casebook or NF literature sent out recently)? Was this the spirit of the rule when create? As far as I know you have none of those things. That has nothing to do with your integrity. People make rulings all the time and they are not supported by the rules clearly and this is the reason every year there is a clarification or a rules change to mirror what is intended. That is also the reason new rules are created because a certain action needs to be stopped or clarify what is allowed because of the rule. I was questioning your knowledge of the rule you wanted to invoke, I am not sure how that involves your integrity. Newer officials do not know many aspects of the rules because they have not been around a long time. That does not mean their integrity is in question. I think you really are taking what is being said on an internet site to heart way too much.

Quote:
This poses another problem. I have continually expressed that I would not have handled this with a 'T' yet, you still imply that I would. That is simply not the case. That changes the whole scenario.
I am not here to debate this issue all over again. I do know that you are the only person I can think of that has even brought this up as an issue. I even deal with newer officials a lot and they do not bring up this issue. What is funny if this was outlawed I would have seen several Ts in games since by officials that do not even know this web site exists. Or every time there is a throw-in is attempted, there would be someone thinking something needs to be done. I cannot recall another official even bring up the issue, but you have. I do not know what you expect people to think. I feel you are (not you personally) what you talk about.

Quote:
You are reading far more into this than is here. I would take any and all talk from coaches and other officials to improve my ability to make the right call. I am not too proud to admit that I've been wrong and a coach has been right. In Kansas, coaches attended the very same rules meetings as did the officials. They, for the most part, at least understand the rules.

Let me be clear that any personal reflection of what a coach says would occur after the game and not during the game. I would never change my call due to a coaches input during a game.
Look, you have every right to ignore everything I have said and the reasoning behind it. I just find it odd that you brought this issue to the forefront and you wanted opinions. When you got those opinions you seem to want to justify what you feel. There is nothing wrong with your debating this issue, but you seem to be so offended that people would suggest that they disagree with you. Rev, I do not know you personally and I certainly will not be working with you anytime soon whether you or I want that to happen. If you feel you are right then do what you feel works for you. I just offered an opinion to the situation and you are even seeking my opinion in other situations that are unimportant to me in the bigger picture.

Peace