View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 11:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Ref63
I apologize if you feel that I attacked you; that was certainly not my intentions. My basis for sharing the conversation with this coach was the fact that you gave your opinion on how this coach would have reacted had the officials handled the situation the way in which I said I would probably handle it. You may be correct that some coaches would react as such, but this coach, by his own admission, would not have. That was simply my point.
I am a big guy I can deal with adversity and someone coming after me. After all that happens every time I am on the court.

Having said all of that, I am really surprised by your reaction because what I said was an honest question. I just want to know what value any coach has to this kind of discussion. What they think is not something I would be concerned with or what any other officials worth their salt would know about.

Quote:
I visited with this coach before the game. It was a Saturday tournament and when I arrived at the gym, I discovered that the schedule was about 45 minutes behind. The game before mine was still in the second quarter. One partner had not yet arrived and the other was working the game in progress. The coach, knowing me from previous games, chatted with me for about 20 minutes until it was time for me to change.
I am not going there with Mark on this one. I know how you can be approached by a coach when you were not seeking their approval. Yesterday I talked briefly with the coach because they were in the room we were getting dressed. I do not see every conversation with a coach as unprofessional just because it happened by for the game.

Quote:
I have no animosity toward you in the least. I was a bit surprised that you would call my integrity and judgment into question over a disagreement so trivial, especially when many on here seemed to understand and agree with me.
I did not even call your integrity into question. I just asked a question because what the coach in my eyes has no value. Even if the coach agreed with my position, his opinion would not be something that I feel meant anything. I stand by your interpretation is not based on the rules but based on more of a "moral" issue as to where someone can or cannot stand. And I feel that when you call a T, you better be doing things that are supported than just thinking something is more than what it really is.

Quote:
Again, I apologize if I've offended you in any way. I have, and will continue to value your input and insight into the variety of questions posed on this forum. Many I have read and agreed with without ever joining the discussion.
You did not offend me. You do not have to apologize for that. I was surprised by your reaction, but it takes more to offend me than what you said to me.

Peace