View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnSandlin
Absolutely Juggling Referee. If they can do the job, then let them work.

On a different note, it looks like from the reports I have seen on ESPN and watched myself, that the Big East crew that worked the Pitt/West Virigina game struggled.

Did anybody else watch the game or parts of the game? If so, what did you think?
I caught a lot of the game and the announcers were very critcial of several calls. There was apparently a "phantom" hold on a Pitt touchdown early in the game but I never saw a replay.

There was another 3rd down play late when Pitt was trying to run out the clock when Pitt picked up a first down on a run. A flag came flying in from the BJ to the sideline on a holding call on the receiver lead blocker (right in front of Dave Wanstedt, Pitt HC). They showed a couple replays but they weren't close enough to tell if he held or not. It definitely looked like he could. On one replay, the announcer circled the HL and indicated he was looking right at the block when he threw the flag. Not only was he not the one who threw the flag, he was also not looking at the block since he was watching the runner at that point.

On the next play (a replay of 3rd down), Pitt threw a pass to the same receiver again in front of Wanstedt. The pass was incomplete and the coach went nuts screaming for a hold. When they showed the replay, the DB definitely grabbed jersey but it had no impact on the receivers ability to move and the pass was about 10 yards over his head. It could have gone either way but I thought it was a fine no call.

Other than that, I don't remember anything too crazy. I was going back and forth between Pitt-WV and Mizzou-OU. What a crazy night of college football but a fitting end to a crazy season!