View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 30, 2007, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan
Breynolds,

Would you consider moving to Pennsylvania ? Ask for Brad Cashman. He is the head of the Pa. Interscholastic Athletic Assoc. which oversees all NFHS schools. In PA they do not evaluate officials. Your ability is determined on local popularity. " he's not a very good official but he's a great guy. Let's give him a Championship game this weekend "
I used to hate these kinds of comments. But the more experienced I get the more I see this is the case. I saw a crew take a full 3 minutes and 10 seconds to get a live-ball/dead-ball enforcement taken care of. It was penalty enforcement 101 and was on television. It was a hold by the offense and a dead-ball PF by the defense. 1/2 distance penalty by offense, then the full 15 yards by the defense. Simple stuff. And, in the same crew I saw the H literally 3 feet away (on the field) from the DB and the receiver. He could reach out and touch them. And the LJ was flying in to the center of the field as if the line to gain was threatened on every single play. 1st and 10 and the play gains 2 yards. He was flying from the sideline inside the hashmarks to get to the exact blade of grass where the ball became dead.

Not sour grapes. Frankly, I don't give a damn. If that's who you want officiating your state semi, more power to 'ya. I would work a D-III game between two 0-7 teams before I would want a state semi. This 7-man crew stuff is flat-out fun, and professional! Everybody WANTS and WORKS to be good and it shows!