Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 30, 2007, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

KB-

It can be frustrating sometimes, I know, but you've got to remember why YOU do, and not worry about why others do it. Get out there, give 110%, and know that when you take that paycheck home, you earned it.

Also, maybe try to help some of the weak refs. I've found that sometimes people don't hustle or switch is because they feel as if even if they did those things, they wouldn't be able to do a good job. Sure there are those that are just in it for the money, but I'm sure you could find plenty who are just new to things.

The most important thing we can do as officials is to help other officials in any way we can. I'm by no measure a "veteran," but even I can find ways to help new officials, sometimes just assuring them that something they're getting ripped on evaluations for is the same thing I, and other rookies, got ripped for. Then, sometimes I can help them by showing them how I corrected the problem.

KB, you've obviously got a love for the game, and all you can do is get out there and show it!