View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 30, 2007, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you read this post and my comments, I did not say I would call anything in particular. I just said you are not able to say whatever you want to without consequence. And if you do not want to be penalized, then watch what you say. It is like rolling the dice. You might just crap out. All officials are not going to view similar language the same way in all situations. And if you do not like it, that is just too bad.

You do not have the right to say anything. And official's focus is on the court, not you as a coach. If you want a timeout, have your player’s call it and you will guarantee that you will get a timeout rather than asking an official to take their attention off the action.

Peace
I realized that and changed it to a generic response. You beat me to the reply. My apologies.

I'm not sure I agree with not having the right to talk to my players. I surely don't have the right to do ANYTHING I might please during the game, but there are some things that I don't think as a coach I should have to worry about during a game, and the situation I described about talking to my player is one of them. I agree 100% that the officials should focus on the court. That said, maybe coaches should not be allowed to request TO's?