View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

OK, so are you saying that those 4 listed fouls (or any more if I missed one or more) that use the language you stated are the ONLY live ball fouls penalized as dead ball fouls?

I can't be responsible for knowing what's posted on other boards in time passed. I visit this board and have briefly lurked at others.

Quote:
You CANNOT say that foul happened while the ball was live and enforce it as a dead ball foul. There is NO way the rules provide for that.
I gave you at least one specific example of how your statement here has to be incorrect -- the diving into the end zone. I also think that the roughing the kicker on a try or field goal (when its good) is another example, because both fouls are during live ball plays and the enforcement is "as a dead ball." I will concede 2 things: first, the roughing foul is a bit more problematic because if the FG or try is no good, or there is a foul by Team A, it isn't enforced as a dead ball. I think you are also correct about the PF during the play.

However, without a specific listing based on rules support, how are we to know the 4 stated fouls are it, since there ARE live ball fouls that are penalized as dead ball fouls, even if only in LIMITED circumstances? The rule doesn't say "live ball fouls penalized ONLY as dead ball fouls."

If you truly don't think this issue is open for discussion, I think that's unreasonable.