View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
There is a difference, at least in the men's conference that I work for.

In the women's game, the trail chops all throw-ins that the lead administers (all on the end line).

In the men's game, the lead chops all of his own end line throw-ins. The trail only chops when the lead inbounds on the sideline (which is any sideline throw-in below the free-throw line).
Z,
Does the Lead really administer throw-ins on the sideline in the NCAAM's game? I thought that the Trail handled all of those throw-ins with a bounce.
I know that the NCAAW has the Lead administer throw-ins on the sideline below the FT line extended as you note.

Also the Trail chopping which I have seen on TV has been when the Lead is administering on the end line.

PS To iRut, I don't work NCAA games. Haven't since I moved West. Therefore, I don't claim to know all the NCAA rules or their mechanics. I just try to more or less keep up, so that if I ever move back East again, I can get back into it. Hence why I asked. Now if you wish to discuss NFHS rules or mechanics OUTSIDE the state of Illinois, I am very confident in my knowledge.