View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 21, 2007, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

BTW: officials that do a good job...

I just realized that most of my posts here include crazy situations with an official really messing up or an odd situation where officials didnt know the rules, misapplied the rules or just generally did some dumb stuff.

I just wanted to say (in the Thanksgiving spirit) that I also really appreciate the officials that are on top of their game, that communicate with coaches and players without being confrontational yet at the same time know when players/coaches are trying to manipulate and cut that off, that call consistant games, and take pride in doing a good job. Officials (like my players) that work hard, take pride in trying their best, and give consistant effort, they can mess up here and there and it's not a big deal, I know they are doing their job to the best of their ability.

Like offensive linemen, admin assistants, "dirty work" people in general, they usually don't get mentioned if they are doing a good job, only when they screw up majestically. This message board would probably be the boringest place on earth if all the posts were "Went to game yesterday, official did his job well". But just to let yal know I'm not a ref-hater, but a hoop-lover, there are plenty of good officials working HS basketball in my area.

And the rest need to read their braille rulebook cuz I accept the fact that they're blind but they should at least know the rules they are not seeing...