View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 20, 2007, 11:37am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
For the love of the game huh? Well, let's see. Last night I took off at 4. Got inaccurate addresses for the game site (notice the plural form of address). Drove 2:15 to the game site, 20 minutes of driving around the town to the actual game site, and worked a JUCO game for $120. Got home at 12, washed the uniforms so they are ready for tonight. Got to bed at 1. The scary thing is that I have the same road trip in a week and I'm looking forward to it. Us referees are kinda sick.
Where'd you work last night? email me if you don't want to post it.

I know how you feel, I just informed my assigner yesterday that he can remove any time of day restrictions from my schedule. I realized when I got my schedule for the first half that the reason I don't have more than 1 varsity date is I told him I can't leave work prior to 4:00. Only way that works for varsity games here is if they're in town, and I'm not going to break into the city varsity games yet (2nd year here). So, to get varsity, I have to be willing to travel up to 2 hours one way (we only have 1 school that far, but on average, it's an hour for the schools outside of town).