View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2007, 03:58pm
Huck Finn

I put the ball in the correct place because that is how I've been schooled, it is the right thing to do and it closes a small opportunity for a coach to get on the crew.
For instance, if I'm at the C opposite and the Lead calls a foul I will put the ball on the Lead's side of the lane even if it is borderline. In my mind, a coach could question an official calling out of their area if the ball is continually going to a spot out of their primary. Forget being the easiest; we are going to cover a lot of ground and I don't think 10 more steps or so during the night will hurt me.

As far as things happening after the game, I have my methods for that too (I think about all this stuff and do things for a reason or I'm anal ). I don't run off the court. I walk briskly, but I don't focus or make eye contact with anyone. I'm very aware of my surroundings but I take a direct route to the locker room. Focusing on anyone can give them the opportunity to get your attention and say whatever to you. I've seen someone smile and extend a hand on the way out only to take the opportunity to rip the official a new one.