View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2007, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

I'll answer the OOB spot question and throw in some commentary....

By choice, I've stayed at the JRHS level and work as a ref and serve on a rec league board that plays grades 3-8. I've done some Frosh/JV level stuff at our local hoops facililty that runs travel/AAU (better competition teams if you will...) in my 7 years of doing this hobby of mine...I treat it all the same in most respects but I've learned to adjust to lower level players who are "learning" and I know that you can't call the little kids the way you do the big kids...

Some guys might say the level I have chosen to stay at is not real hoops...I've had some tell me they would NEVER work anything but HS....I have been asked by some Varsity level officials that I've worked with to consider a move up and that they would work with me without reservation beacause I do treat it serious at lower levels....

But, this is the level I enjoy and I've just not had the desire to move up yet...What I am finding is that I am having less tolerance for anything less than about 6th grade now...

I treat whatever level I'm doing serious. With the exception of switching on every call (when you run 4-5 games in a row, you save a bit of energy here)....I use the proper mechanics and always hustle to be in position and I try to put the ball in where it should be based on the NFHS "trapezoid".....

Last edited by Coltdoggs; Mon Nov 19, 2007 at 03:54pm.