View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 11:50pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Ref63
Nor would I call a 'T.' As I stated many times, I would back the player up a step and get him out of the opponent's face. I can't imagine any coach having a problem with that.
My question is why not two steps? Why not 2.25 feet? Before giving the inbounder the ball do you say, "OK, you can start to play defense now?" How long does a player have to be in another players "personal space" before it becomes an issue and you step in to make the player move? What if the offensive player is part of an offensive play that requires him to move towards the defensive player? Do you tell him he can't since you moved the defensive player out of his personal space?

I understand what you are getting at, but everything that goes on in a basketball game isn't for us to like. We are there to apply the rules. If you think a player is breaking a rule, apply the penalty. I think I might have more problems with all the adjustments that would have to be made.