View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 03:02pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
....because in a few months I'm going to get up off this sickbed and be out reffing again, and I"ll need to know how to handle these sorts of situations if they arise.
I hope you are OK but I can kind of relate to how your mind is likely working. I recently had an injury that took me out from working games and I could not even work any scrimmages most of this week and I could not get myself ready for the season as I would like. Your mind starts thinking about things you really do not need to focus on if you are not careful.

I think officiating is about concentrating on things that are realistic and getting good and calling or dealing with things that are much more realistic. I know in all the time I have worked and all the games I have officiated, I have never seen a player able to stay with someone on that level as was described in the previous post. At least not without some contact I have never seen such a thing. Officials should be concentrating on basic fouls and basic violations. To me to call anything is trying to be a maverick with the rules so that you can prove you know something. This is not solid officiating just to call something because you want everyone to get along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
It appears as though my judgments and opinions aren't in line with what others think, so I need to adjust my own thinking. I"m trying to pick the brains of you and tohers, and get myself more into the "right" frame of mind.
If that is the case, you need to ask yourself why that is? I might have a reason that I think that is the case, but I have not lived your officiating experiences.

Peace