View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 16, 2007, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Very disappointing.
Why?

Because my attitudes, beliefs, and/or opinions do not match yours?

Quote:
Since you have nothing to prove, does that mean your approach to the game and mechanics change?
If you knew me, you would know that is an insulting and degrading question. Whatever I do in life, I strive to be the best. In officiating it means that I still pay (money and time) for clinics and rules training, even though, having been a trainer, I could do a better job than many of the clinicians I see. When I go on the field or court, I still intend to be the best official out there. When asked by my partner what position I want (plate/bases - SB or Up/Down - VB) I usually pick the position that I am having some difficulty at that time so that I can improve my mechanics.

But I don't go on the court or field to please the coach or evaluator so that I can advance to some higher level. I only have to answer to myself.

So I only take on enough schedule each year to have fun and for it to be an enjoyable diversion from my regular schedule. I only do girl's sports because I don't want to put up with the crap with boy's or adult sports. Because then it is a job, not a fun leisure activity.

My pride is the only motivator necessary; I don't need coaches or evaluator's approvals to push me to do a good job.

WMB