View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHtown
Wow ..5 pages to an item that has its detractors and supporters. The NF officials manual is not gospel. Many states have their own rules for their officials to follow. In Texas, for example, the approved coaching box is 6 feet long, we don't do long switches on fouls in the backcourt, and also Texas decided to keep the Time out positions at the top of the key, and the low block, for 30 and 60 second time outs, respectively.

So, if this is a bunch of renegade Texans, I guess I'm a renegade...but I'll still get Varsity assignments doing what out State association tells us to do.
True... and to get those assignments one must be a certified TASO official... and to be a TASO official one must call per the exceptions lists as outlined by TASO. I do not mind the exceptions, nor will I mind blowing my whistle upon entering the court if that is protocol. I am surprised this thread has received so much attention... although some of the jokes were pretty good. Just dont group us with Kansas.... Just kidding