View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2007, 03:46pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
Having said that you are in danger, we know you are a good official; does your assignor or commissioner back you up when you get poor evaluations? My experience is that most commissioner especially at the High school level will not back the official up and be afraid to go against the system because they may loose the contract if they oppose the coaches and the AD's. IMO that has been my experience. As you stated.
I don't think he backs me up. I normally send emails to tell him, and explain, before he hears it elsewhere.
For instance, he was in the stands during a rivalry game last year. I'm at the C in front of a coach and one of my partners calls a non-shooting foul. The coach felt like it should have been a shooting foul. Because he didn't get a shooting foul he said, "See ref, that is just racial." Nobody was paying attention to our side of the court until I wheeled on him and whacked is ***! I'm black, the coach was black and my partner is white. There is NO place for that in high school basketball! There is no place for that on the planet! He got the foul for crying out loud. My partner is a racist because he didn't give him a shooting foul? The assigner seemed to vanish after the game. This coach was a problem - noticed I said was as in his *** got the boot - and the assigner didn't even bother to come into our dressing room to find out what happened.