View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2007, 02:44pm
Archaic Power Monger

I apologize for dipping my toes in the basketball waters; however, this seems to be a topic that covers multiple sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
NO. not impartial. NEVER.. LOL but.. if you call a violation on his guys the same all the way through the game a coach will recognize that.
In my experience of officiating baseball, football, and coaching football (hey only two seasons, put the pitchforks away!) the amount of coaches that are able to do this are a small percentage. I've had the occasional losing coach tell me I've done a good job but the comments of "call it both ways" are much more common.

Aside from a few personal friends that are coaches, I would not actively solicit the opinions of coaches from games that you've worked. I would imagine that is only going to invite more problems than it would solve.

tomegun, well said!

On an unrelated note, I might have to get in on this basketball officiating thingy, you guys have way too much fun here.

Last edited by Welpe; Thu Nov 15, 2007 at 02:49pm.