View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 14, 2007, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

My responses in red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchill24
I just got home from a get together with about 10 of my brother officials. We were going over our refresher test and had a disagreement with the following four questions: I will give you my answer and would appreciate your thoughts.

1) While A1 is dribbling past an opponet, the ball touches the opponent without loss of control by A1. A1 catches the ball and starts another dribble. Official rules this a legal play.

I say NO... Rule 4-15 article 4d I agree. The rule specifies loss of control.

2) While dribbling in the frontcourt, near the division line, A1 steps on the division. Officials rules this a backcourt violation even though he/she is not touching the ball.

I say NO. A1 is not touching the ball so how can you have a backcourt violation???? I don't agree. A player is in control while dribbling per 4-12-1 and it is also a violation to step OOB during a dribble even though the player is not in contact with the ball at the time per the note in 9-3.

3) A6 replaces A1. As play is about to resume, the coach of Team B is charged with a technical foul. Coach of team A want A1 to shoot the free throws. Official rules A1 is not eligible to attempt the free throws.

I say YES. Rule 8-2 section 3 I agree 3-3-4.

4) While A1's first free throw of two is in flight, A2 and B2 commit double personal fouls. A1's try is successful. Official resumes play by awarding A1 his second free throm and plays off the make or miss.

I say yes. Case play, page 29 4.19.8 situation D I agree that the POI 4-36-2b.

I would appreciate any feedback, therefore if the situations happens in a game I officiate, I will make the proper call. I will pass on your feedback to my brother officials.