View Single Post
Old Fri May 10, 2002, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper
I have called with a different person each week and the results have been mixed from very professional to very unprofessional. It would not have bothered me as much if it hadn't happened in front of the scorer's table with the two coaches present. I don't mind catching flack from coaches, fans or players (Dad called for 20 years and I was in a gym he had to clear, so I understand what goes with the job), I had just never expected to get it from someone I work with. At least it was league play and not regular season.

Whether this was league play, regular season, pickup, whatever. Your partner was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG to do that to you. If s/he had a problem with your call/non-call, they should have talked to you away from everyone else and asked you what you saw or did not see. This is the way you learn -- talking with each other and not putting your partner down, particularly in front of someone else.