View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I agree 100%. I would be pissed if they put a friggin asterisk on my HR record that I spent years breaking. Nobody is going to convict Bonds for anything folks, so just get that out of your heads now. Hundreds of MLB players use steroids, including many pitchers who Barry Bonds hit home runs off. Are we going to see asterisks on every one of those? I think not, so get over the fact that Barry clobbered more home runs than Aaron and everyone's golden boy Ruth.

Steroids or not, it takes a whole lot of talent to even hit a baseball, much less hit it out of stadiums against major league pitching. Steroids don't make that much difference when it comes to the hand/eye coordination and other batting skills.
Hand eye coordination you either have it or you don't I agree. However, generally speaking, your stats don't improve as you age nor does your reaction time. I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that steroids improve your vision. Barry was a Hall of Famer before he started cheating.