Thread: FIBA Question
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 08:11am
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R
Originally Posted by SmokeEater
3) although the shot attempt has ended the player is still considered an airborne shooter until both feet are on the floor again.

Smoke,

Think about what your saying. It can't be both. Either the shot attempt has ended or it hasn't ended.

Team control ends on the release, not the shot attempt (which in proper terms is the act of shooting), at least not when the shooter is airborne.

Also, I have the 2006 FIBA Casebook in front of me. It says published by FIBA. For copies, contact the publisher at:
FIBA
Chemin de Blandonnet 8
PO Box 715
CH-1214 Vernier
Geneva
Switzerland

Thanks Jay, I understand what your saying and like what was stated already it does really only apply for fouls after the shot has been released.

I still am having a hard time with the fact that the offense released the ball on purpose and then recovered the ball all while airborne. I guess if it was really an athletic move I might just have to consider giving him/her a break for the effort.....

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.

Last edited by SmokeEater; Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 10:18am.