View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 12:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
I give up. You're right Jeff. Jerry Seamen was wrong. Obviously as supervisor of officials he didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about. Sorry I brought it up. In the future when I'm collecting information on NFL officials instead of checking with the League office, I'll check with you.
Jerry Seaman has not been the Supervisor for about 4 or 5 years now (I think longer but I am not completely sure). And the NFL did not own Arena ball the way they do now during Seaman's Supervisor role. I think some things have changed a bit as a matter of fact I know they have since Seaman left his post. So to take an old interview and apply it today is a stretch.

Not sure why you get so upset over this. I do know that the NFL does not do what MLB does and is likely never going to have that kind of opportunity to do so. The NFL even adopted a system of evaluating officials from youth levels to college to identify people that might be future NFL Officials. This was clearly something that was not going on in the Seaman era. BTW, I know one of the "evaluators" for that program. He is also a technical advisor for the Big Ten and assigns just about every college football game in the surrounding area. I guess I need to confer with an interview online to get my facts straight.

Peace