View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 22, 2007, 08:17pm
KSRef07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
And I'm telling you that according to the rules, you are wrong. There is nothing in the NFHS rule book that states that a coach can't stand in his box and quietly watch the play. There never has been anything in the NFHS rules that say that a coach can't stand in the box and quietly watch the play. If you have special rules coverage for your state, hey, that's fine. But that sureasheck doesn't mean your state's interpretation of coaching box decorum is any good any other place. It isn't.
Hey, if you feel that "coaching his team" is him sitting in the box in a yoga position humming a mantra, then good for you.

Bottom line, I let him stand as long as he wants - until I get a visible display (inciting the crowd type). Then I inform him how my state association interprets the NFHS rule.

I also will MAKE them stand if they are kneeling as I do not want to end my season or his with a knee to his head.

"It isn't" applies to your state's interp as well. Unless you can show me definitively where I am wrong about this, (case, etc.), then you would be wise to open up to the possibility......