View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 13, 2007, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

'Bama/Ole Miss final play

I've never been a fan of instant replay in NCAA and I saw a play today that solidified my feelings.

Just a few seconds left in the game. 'Bama up by 3. Ole Miss is driving and throws a bomb that is caught inside the Alabama 10 with just 7 seconds left (this was 4th down I believe...I was flipping and just caught this play). No flag, white hat awards new set of downs and Alabama calls time out...request review. Upon review it was discovered that the Ole Miss reciever has gone out of bounds on his own and then caught the ball. Officals asses penality and gives the ball to Alabama on downs (loss of down on 4th).

I don't believe that I've ever seen a penality enforced on a play that was only called because of what was seen on the replay.

I think that replay is here to stay, but I don't like the "every play is reviewed". If you have to have make it so that a coach only has as many replays as he does time outs. You call for a replay, you lose a time out. Win or lose the challange, you loose the time out.